Words From The Girls Behind The Lens: Renna Marcette


How did you get into photography?
I had always wanted to take photos, but never could afford a camera. When I graduated high school in 2014, I took all my graduation money and spent it on a one (same one I still use today, piece of junk now but it does the job!). Since then, it sparked my love for imagery, and I went to school for film at Full Sail University. I graduated last September with a Bachelor's in Film. Immediately following, I moved to Los Angeles with pretty much no money and a few contacts, but a hell of a lotta faith.



You've posted gorgeous shots of Nature and sunsets. How do you feel the place you live has influenced your photographs?
California has a huge affect on my work. Everything about the state is influential; from the landscapes to the people, and everything in between. It's the place to be if you consider yourself a creative (NY sucks - JK but LA is better). Los Angeles truly is a magical place to live. Anyone you walk by on the street could be the next big star or director. There's endless possibilities, meaning endless inspiration for photography.


What is the creative process behind your pictures? What inspires you? 
Inspiration wise, I think it's pretty clear where I get mine. Simply living life day by day in this wild city is inspiration enough. But to throw yourself into the fire, and force yourself to be creative, that's what really gets me going. I recently decided to start doing short films with my mini girl crew, all of us having our own thing that we love. From art, directing, cinematography to producing, we've got it covered. One of my favorite ideas that we are pursuing is something that we've labeled as "A Girl's Memoir". We are finding women around the area that have created a life for themselves, whether through entrepreneurship or a creative way - so if you know any amazingly talented women in LA, gimme a shout! I'm very excited to see what the next months bring. 



If you could photograph someone, dead or alive, who would that person be?

If I could photograph anyone dead or a live... well that's hard to answer. One of my favorite people with a pulse is Brendon Urie, lead of the band Panic! At The Disco. Not only does he have a killer voice, pristine hair and a lovable personality, he's also an amazing person. He cares so much for the people in his life and especially his fans. I would die if I ever got the chance to photograph such a well-rounded, talented person. If you're reading this Brendon, I work at Aesthesia Studios. Let's take some pix and grab a brewski. 

Comments

Popular Posts