Books I've Read: We Were Liars

Having spent months dealing with University books, finding time to read for pleasure was difficult and not something I had the patience to do. However, now that I am a free girl, I've been wanting to dive into as many books as possible. I started with "We Were Liars" by E. Lockhart. Overall, it's an easy, fun summer read. The books speaks on the story of four friends and cousins, the Liars, and their adventures at the family's private island. It focuses mainly on the eldest granddaughter, Cady - the book is written from her perspective - and her trying to recollect her memories after a freak accident that left her with paralysing migraines and very few memories from what she calls "The Summer 15", meaning, the summer from when she was 15 years old. I won't give too much of the plot away, because I find that the fun part of this book is to notice the little twists and turns and try to piece together the events yourself. It does have a bit of a slow start, so if you're someone who likes to get right into the action, maybe this won't the book for you, but if you can stick it out, you'll find yourself being surprised by all the details Cady begins to remember and why she has been suppressing certain memories from the summer of her accident. Overall, it's a really easy, fun, summer read! 

Comments

Popular Posts