A Case For Bright Colour


On my mission to regain my confidence again, to feel like the person I used to be, I realised I had to start somewhere. In a previous post, I spoke about the power of makeup and how it can help someone feel more comfortable in their own skin. My next step was to add some vibrancy to my wardrobe.


I looove me some black, white, grey, navy blue clothing regardless of the season. I'm guilty of staying in my colour comfort zone and after reading about how colour can affect your mood, I made a conscious decision to incorporate more colour into my wardrobe, especially bright colours to, quite literally, brighten my mood. And let me tell you, it works. Being covered in happy, vibrant colours just makes you feel better, makes you feel and seem happier. The orange dress I'm wearing in these pictures makes me feel so happy and carefree that I'm now refusing to wear black colours during the spring and summer months... Maybe I'll go colour crazy and pull out some hot pink during the winter months, but for now this is making me feel a little better about myself. And that's all that matters for now.


Also, shout out to my mum for taking a million pictures of me and watching me pose awkwardly without complaining! She's a real one. 

Comments

Popular Posts