Words From The Girls Behind The Lens: Bruna Hissae


Cliché question first - how did you get started with photography? 
Well it is a cliché answer too, I think photography was always with me, since I was kid.
I liked to shoot my friends, stuffs, landscapes, like a hobby but by the time I never liked my photos, so never took it seriously. 
I graduated in Product Design but the feeling of being lost was always with me, so I tried to find myself in Graphic Design, Illustration, but never felt that it was the thing for me. Then, after doing some fashion photography workshops I started to see that maybe I finally had found something that fits me. So I took photography seriously about a year a ago, when I decided to buy a new better camera and started to contact models to shoot, then everything began and I am still falling in love with it. 



What inspires you the most? 
It is hard to tell the most one, but being in contact with nature is always inspiring. In creative fields, I think when I see someone's struggle for their passion, it inspires me a lot too.

Do you feel like the place you live in, Brasil, has an influence in your work?
I do believe that we all have some essence within us, and we are here to understand and discover what this essence is. But I think the environment we are in, influences us. If I was born in another country or city, I would have had other influences of what I am, and that would impact my work


What is your favourite thing about fashion photography? 
When I see a fashion photo that I like, just by staring at it, I can see how much work and creativity is involved in it, and that fascinates me. Photography is about the moment, not just about you, the photographer, but about all the team and everyone's state at that moment, that is what creates the photo.

Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?  
Working a lot, traveling a lot, being better in my work, experiencing life. But all these with the feeling of being more connected to myself, the people around me and the universe.

Comments

Popular Posts