A Love Letter To My Mother




















To my Mother,

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

Thank you for holding my hand through countless dark nights.
Thank you for helping me carry my pain, so my shoulders won't become even more bruised and sore.
Thank you for helping me wash my hair when the only water that had touched my skin for days was salty and coming from my eyes.
Thank you for forcing light into my soul, through the window in my room, through your green eyes which have shown me so much strength all my life.
Thank you for crying with me and for holding me while I cry, desperate that I can't see myself the way you see me, that I can't be as strong as you are, that I don't know when this will pass.
Thank you for not giving up on me when I give up on myself, when my body gives up on me and when my mind gives up on itself, because it can't see things getting better. Thank you for seeing things get better.
Thank you for fighting by my side, for believing, for being strong for the two of us all your life, for loving me when it is hard to love me.
I wouldn't have made it without you.

Love,

Your Daughter 

Comments

Popular Posts